Monday, March 12, 2012

From Russia with Transistors

I few weeks ago I finally received some modules I ordered around November from a new Russian manufacturer called Roman Filipov. His brand is called Sputnik and his first offering was a Dual Waveform Generator, which is basically a clone of the classic Buchla Model 258 triangle-core oscillator. I haven't had much time to test it, but it's supposed to be pretty good for FM.

Roman also sold me a Polivoks filter clone and a YuSynth Dual Gated Slew (this one will live next to my Ardcore 001). Below are pictures of the three modules:

 

Since I ran out of cabinet space, I also bought two more rack frames and a Ring Modulator from Synthesizers.com. I'm very close to filling my last cabinet and completing my modular synth. Only six spaces are left and they are already reserved for a Sputnik Dual Function Generator (2 spaces), another SSL Tap-Tempo LFO (2 spaces), an SSL Segwencer IV, and a second Ardcore.

Unfortunately, when installing and rearranging some modules something happened to my Synthesizers.com Q119 Sequencer (the largest and most expensive module I have) and it stopped working, so I have to send it back to Texas to have it fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment